Mad Of Electronics

Here u can find some useful tips and links related to troubleshooting electronic appliances

SYSTEM SHUTDOWN DUE TO THERMAL HEATING

Posted by rajascientist Sunday, August 9, 2009

This was the message I got few months ago whenever I started my PC , sometimes suddenly my PC will go off and When I restart again the same message appeared.

I thought I would have over used my Computer but thats not the problem I know, because system can be used continuously throughout the day .

I removed the cooling fan and heat sink placed directly above the processor and cleaned it.

Fan was working good, heat sink was cleaned and now its free from dust. I cleaned the heat sink with cycle pump. Now assembled everything back in to its position . Again I got the same message .

This time I removed CPU fan , heat sink also the processor beneath.

It was difficult to remove the processor, the heat sink compound was dried and it was difficult to remove the processor.

Heat sink compound is a white paste like substance applied over the processor and at the bottom of the heat sink. It is mainly used for cooling and can be obtained at local shop.

I bought a new compound and applied it . But when started my PC it ran good for a while again it stopped, showing the same message.

Now I removed all the wire connections from SMPS and checked the wires . Finally I found the culprit.

It was a four pin from the SMPS yellow, black wire i.e, 12v wire. The wire end was blackened.I opened the SMPS and rectified the fault now My system is working fine.

1 Responses to SYSTEM SHUTDOWN DUE TO THERMAL HEATING

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. its good and useful

     

Search This Blog

Share

Share |